PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Calling All Americans!!!

  
Hear ye! Hear ye!


It's time to celebrate AMERICA.
Land of the Free.
Home of the Brave.

Coming this 4th of July,  
Katygirl and I are hosting a linky party 
for all of you blogging Yankee Doodle Dandies.


Join us with your celebratory posts!

Did you rock those cute American flag cutoff shorts? 
Betsy Ross would be so proud (I'm looking at you, Burns).

Did you make a cake shaped like the 48 continental states?
I want to know, did you agonize over including Hawaii and Alaska? Puerto Rico?

Did you visit the 13 original colonies? 
Can you name the 50 states? 
Can you explain the electoral college in 100 words or less?

Did your husband barbecue your back yard down and live to tell the tale?

Here are a few ideas I'd love to try myself...

I mean.
Spray paint.
Brown paper bags?
I could make this. 


Like, where do I even begin with this?
It would be a bit of a commitment for just one day.
And you'd need a lot of red books....
But how awesome would your house look with this?
I mean, I really love America. Having a bookshelf like this would prove that.

Source: nytimes.com via Kim on Pinterest


Red Vines.
Need I say more?
Okay, I will.
If someone made this for a party, I would not leave the food table.
Heck. That's where you'd find me anyway.
I'd just have red vine junk all up in my grill the whole time.
YUM.


Can you say FANCY?
FAHHHH-SEE.



This must happen.
Except.
Here's my deal. This is like a fruit salad on a stick?
And bananas do NOT belong in a fruit salad.
I need to make this. And sub out marshmallows for bananas.
Right?
Source: partycity.com via Kim on Pinterest



Head over to Katy's place to see some awesome Etsy Americana she is featuring today.

And here is my pinterest board which has a little more patriotic inspiration.
Channing Tatum might be on there. 
A true American gem.

We want to give you plenty of time to relax and enjoy the holiday and the weekend, so spread the word 
and link up here, 
or at Katygirl's Place on Monday, July 9th!

(Also, if you do PinterTest something, be sure to link up at Jessica's place for her monthly PinterTest kitchen - which will be up on 7/5 and is open all month)

It doesn't even have to be a craft, or a recipe, maybe all you did was take a nap. 
Just share with us how you celebrated America's Birthday!

13 comments:

  1. yay! fun!

    i guess this is just the push i needed;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for the red, white and blue!!
    y'all, this is THE jam.

    ready to party with you, cuppapatriotic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the US. More than I love blogging right now. Problematic. From sea to shining sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all over this..I am OBSESSED with the 4th of july & have a big party every year. Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for your link up!
    visiting from scottyboy & katygirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i forgot what this post was about once you mentioned channing tatum...magic mike. ahhh is it terrible that i'm dying DYING to see that movie.

    #Godblesstheus

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this. Can't wait to read and participate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I freaking love that bookcase. I know what I'll be doing this weekend! (ha, year right.)

    Also, that bunting. Making it immediately. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I followed a link over here -- and brilliance! I was going to make fruit skewers anyway, but I love putting them on a platter so they look like a flag all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is what you mean.

    so much patriotism. let's see if i can pull some off, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. excited to link up our full day of events !

    ReplyDelete