PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 9, 2013

PinterTest Kitchen: Sea Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Given the choice, I will typically choose sweet over salty.
And always chocolate over fruity. Always.

Chocolate chip cookies over potato chips.
Milkshakes over margaritas. (Okay, maybe that's pushing it).
Cupcakes over cous cous.

Dessert over dinner.
Baking over cooking.

I'm a baker.
I am an okay cook.
But at the end of the day, I am a baker.

And for me, when I'm baking it is a happy place.
I'm in the zone.
The stress of warming butter in the microwave just so it's room temperature and not melted, I love that.
Because, it's not really stress at all.
Making sure I have unsalted butter in the fridge. And enough of it.
There are a lot of butter issues when it comes to baking.

I like butter issues.

So, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Sweet, meet salty.

It's not a new thing.
In fact, I made some Salted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies during December's Bake-a-palooza.

But this cookie, Sea Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip.
YES.
A thousand times yes.


Kraft Caramel Bits?
Where have you been all my life?
Really though, where have you been? I never knew you existed.



I have a feeling you will be making appearances quite frequently now that I do know.
(Target baking aisle, FYI)


Also, does anyone else feel like cookie dough should be it's own food group?
You know, like "3-4 servings daily" is part of a well balance diet?
I think yes.



I like being well balanced.


And the best part, well aside from the caramel bits, is the secret ingredient.
Cornstarch.
Keeps the cookie soft, and chewy, and delicious.
Because, as a self appointed cookie connoisseur, I will tell you, the chewiness of a cookie is imperative.
And these, they fit the bill.


Make them. Now.
Love, CuppaCookieConnoisseur

Recipe Here. 

Linking up with Jessica!

8 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to describe how much alike we are. Pretty much the entire first part of your post could have been written by me. Dessert over dinner ANY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Dairy Council has added cookie dough to the food pyramid... maybe it's a ploy to get us to drink more milk...
    YIKES these cookies look tasty!!
    Bake on my friend, bake on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love dessert. i would love these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum to the freaking yum. send me some. send me all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Also, does anyone else feel like cookie dough should be it's own food group?
    You know, like "3-4 servings daily" is part of a well balance diet?"

    No truer words were ever typed. Let's start a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the second must try i have seen using this recipe// yum! i am so trying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well this is a problem. i think im going to gain 10 lbs just by making these alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimmmmmmm!!!!! I've had this one pinned for a while now too. Now I have to make them. I wish I had some right now.

    ReplyDelete